Septic Tank Info
Septic Tank Don’ts
- Don’t connect water softener to on-site septic systems.
- Don’t use garbage disposals. This will shorten the life of your system and cause clogs because these food particles do not break down.
- Don’t let fats, chemicals, or solvents to get into your septic system.
- Don’t allow any plastics to enter your system.
- Don’t allow any type of heavy equipment – including vehicles – to park or drive over your leach field. This could crush the piping.
- Don’t plant anything over the leach field except for grass.
- Don’t flush anything other than human waste and toilet paper. This includes not flushing coffee grounds, poisons, litter, tampons, paper towels, dental floss, pills, paints, oils and any kind of wipes.
- Don’t attempt to make any repairs on your own to your system. Always consult a specialist.